The style of our coffee table wasn’t something I thought much about before having kids. But once the kids arrived, we definitely had to make a swap for a more kid-friendly coffee table to help avoid bumps and bruises.
Below you’ll find some tips on what works best for small kids, while still maintaining an element of style.
Tips for Finding a Kid-Friendly Coffee Table
- Avoid sharp edges: A coffee table that is round or has rounded edges helps avoid an accident on sharp corners
- Look for soft and durable materials: Consider a durable fabric that won’t stain or a surface that can easily be wiped down
- Storage space is a bonus! Built in storage space can be tricky to find, but if you can find a coffee table like this one with style and storage, you’ll have a winner
10 Kid-friendly coffee tables you’ll love
Here are some functional and stylish coffee tables and ottomans that to help decorate your house with young kids. I’ve included a variety of price points:
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer for more information.
- Quinn Ottoman. Similar and more affordable here from Studio McGee’s Target line
- Light Oak Coffee Table
- Grey Kids Table with Storage
- Timpani Tan Ottoman
- Miles French Seam Ottoman
- Gold and Glass Coffee Table
- Paxton Coffee Table
- Lyle Leather Ottoman
- Grady Coffee Table
- Gold Hammered Barrel Table
One note – if you have young kids, their imagination and desire to play will take over, even if your choice meets the “kid-friendly” criteria. A coffee table or ottoman is the perfect height for kids to climb on, play on and explore. So think about how they will use the version you go with.
When we had a rounded glass table, it doubled as a road for cars and area for coloring. Now we have four cushioned squares pushed together into one large ottoman, which has turned into an obstacle course and support for tunnels with couch cushions. One day our house will stay in tact…but for now we’re trying to survive and enjoy the madness!