Here are some of our favorite healthy packaged snacks for kids. They’re perfect for school snacks or a quick summer grab and go option. I’m pleasantly surprised by how much our kids have liked these healthier swaps over more typical processed snack brands – and great for adults too!
What does a “Healthy” packaged snack mean anyway?
Healthy can have so many definitions. In fact, many snacks labeled as “healthy” really aren’t even that great. So what do I mean by healthy? All of the snacks in this round up are made with better, more nutrient dense ingredients. Most are organic and gluten free too and contain:
- no artificial dyes
- no refined sugars
- no refined, processed oils (canola oil, vegetable oil, corn oil, etc)
Our FAVORITE HEALTHY packaged snacks for kids
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer for more information.
1. Smart Sweets – I’m starting this post with our latest favorite healthy candy swap. I pack a couple each day in the boy’s lunchboxes, and they’re loving them! Smart Sweets has much less sugar than regular candy, added fiber, and the cutest packaging. Our boys have tried and loved the Gummy Worms, Swedish Fish, and Gummy Bears. Amazon also sells this fun assortment pack here.
2. Three Wishes Cereal – In our house cereal is not only a good breakfast option, but also a perfect on the go snack – particularly for our 1 year old. We’re all loving Three Wishes Cereal right now. We can get away with the Original (No Sugar) Version for all the boys, but the older boys and myself prefer the Honey and Cinnamon versions! We love Magic Spoon Cereal as well (mentioned later in the post), but this one is at a better price point.
3. Fruit Rolls – These Wild Made Fruit Rolls are made from organic while fruit with no artificial colors, flavors or additives. Basically it’s dried fruit rolled up! With a half serving of fruit in each roll, they are healthy & tasty snack to satisfy a sweet tooth. Just learned they have some versions with added veggies here too.
4. Lesser Evil Veggie Straws – Our kids are loving the Lesser Evil Organic Veggie Sticks right now. They’re made with real vegetables, all organic ingredients, and olive oil instead of the typically unhealthy processed oils used in most chips. They also come in ranch flavor and larger packs here.
Lesser Evil also makes healthy popcorn in a variety of flavors. We actually just received this $8 seven bag sampler pack with free shipping today, and it was so fun to try so many new flavors of their products without a huge commitment. We loved their Himalayan Gold and Cheesiness Popcorn over here!
5. Magic Spoon Cereal – I just learned about Magic Spoon Cereals, and I’m now seeing them pop up all over instagram as a kid (and adult!) fave. We just tried them for the first time, and they taste just like your old faves – Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Fruit Loops, Cocoa Puffs, and more…but they’re a much healthier and nutrient dense swap. Magic Spoon cereal checks all the boxes – gluten free, low sugar, and high protein. Check out the Sampler Variety Pack, and Cinnamon is linked here. Since these are sold in a 4 pack bundle, the price tag is on the high side. So I reco splitting the cost with a friend to try for the first time (Note: you can use code LAUREN for $5 off right now)
6. Cheddar Chia Crackers – Bitsy’s Cheddar Chia Crackers pack a great crunch and cheesy flavor. They’re very similar to a Cheez-It, but without the processed ingredients. They’re organic and contain over 25%+ of daily vitamin A, B & D needs, along with added protein and calcium. These cheesy crackers are so good, your kids won’t even realize they’re eating a healthier cheesy option. These Cinnamon Sweet Potato Graham are super tasty too. (note: this is the only snack not gluten-free in this round-up)
7. Perfect Bars for Kids – In my opinion these are truly the most delicious protein bar. Perfect Bars are built on a foundation of 20 organic superfoods, mixed with freshly ground peanut butter or almond butter to provide a rich, creamy texture. They are made with no refined sugars and use just a touch of honey for some major deliciousness. I often have the full version on the go, but find it a bit big for kids. Here’s a link to our favorite Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Snack Bars and and Peanut Butter Cookie Bars. Enjoy!